Wine/Crossover sub-menus missing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jelabarre59
Level 2
Level 2

Wine/Crossover sub-menus missing

Post by jelabarre59 »

Under the Gnome2 shell, applications installed through Crossover Office or Wine would install their menus as sub-menus under a top-level menu entry (Wine using the menu item "wine", while Crossover uses "Windows Applications"). This would be equivalent to an application installed in native Windows creating a sub-menu under "Programs" when it gets installed. With the Menu extension in Mint12/MGSE, only the top-level menu shows up, which means on my system I only see *one* entry under "Windows Applications", and none under "wine". If you look at the icons for those two top-level items in the Gnome3 Shell, you see all the icons in the sub-menus in a single jumble of icons.

Is the MGSE menu extension supposed to be showing sub-menus at all? Would like to find out what the design is intended to be, so I can find how I need to enter the bug in the bug database.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wine/Crossover sub-menus missing

Post by Rehdon »

Did you manage to solve this issue? I found out that it happens with other menus (using Cardapio instead of the standard LM12 one).

Rehdon
jelabarre59
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jelabarre59 »

Nope, as far as I can tell it's an application error, and not a configuration. I was trying to find what the design had been (had they even taken into consideration sub-menus) to see whether it was failing to work as designed, or was it a flaw in the original design. I don't mean that to sound insulting when I say "design flaw", it's a simple enough "oops" presuming someone didn't do it intentionally (the way the Pidgin developers would do it).
jelabarre59
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jelabarre59 »

Just to expand on this: It's definitely ALL sub-menus that aren't showing up. NoMachine's NX client creates a sub-menu under "Internet" with 2 or 3 entries. This sub-menu is not showing on the MGSE menu either.

Return to “Software & Applications”