quick question

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
snodgrss1984

quick question

Post by snodgrss1984 »

i lost where i asked this before but how do i in debian 64bit install latest graphics driver

:mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
snodgrss1984

Re: quick question

Post by snodgrss1984 »

im new to debian
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444
--minimum info needed for any help, graphics card version..
in a terminal

Code: Select all

inxi -G 
You either use the mint update programs to find the latest graphic driver included with that distribution or run off on your own and install the one that is the latest version for your graphics card
--and you should check if there have been any reports or install or other issues belonging to a 64bit graphics driver (for your card..)
http://pkill-9.com/install-nvidia-video-driver-debian/
--Synaptic (package manager..)searching for the non-free (manufacturer's driver file: example nvidia
--you might not have an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, you can use nvidia-settings to make one (for example) or just do it yourself, if you want to define the video card settings, otherwise auto detection (no xorg.conf) was expected to have worked (Ubuntu, Mint later versions 9x onwards approx..)

If there are any issues, the safest bet is probably to use the 32bit version of the driver for that card
--or the open source version (assuming that any manufacturer's driver is causing any problem and it has been noted (forums, launchpad etc)..
snodgrss1984

Post by snodgrss1984 »

just installed some xorg and legacy driver for open gl etc hope it works it used a lot of drivers
snodgrss1984

Post by snodgrss1984 »

i am now stuck with the old kernal because that failed and wont boot my new kernal anymore

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”