A proper scrollbar for the windows please!

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
gunsnrails

A proper scrollbar for the windows please!

Post by gunsnrails »

Hi,

Please please please change that auto-hiding window scrollbar. At least on MINT 11 I didn't see a way to have normal scrollbar. I don't mind if it takes a few pixels from the area. The MINT window scrollbar is the most annoying scrollbar I've ever used. You have to guess where to go to so it appears, it is not so clear always when a window can be scrolled, it is hard to get many times, it makes no sense to me changing such a basic UI component that behaves the same everywhere.

Two minutes ago I had to do a hard reboot of my machine. While trying to catch the "magic" scrollbar somehow the cursor changed into a close hand, like if it was going to drop something. Result, there was no f*****g way to release it other than rebooting the machine. Not possible to manipulate any windows, nothing. Just press the power button and restart. Luckily I didn't lose any work because I couldn't have saved anything.

Please include at least an option in the configuration to set a non-annoying-normal scrollbar.

Otherwise MINT is nice.
Excuse the rant but a hard reboot because of that really pissed me off.

Cheers.
wyrdoak

Re: A proper scrollbar for the windows please!

Post by wyrdoak »

Linux Mint 11 inherits the newly introduced "overlay scrollbars". If you would like to use traditional scrollbars instead, you can deactivate them by removing the "overlay-scrollbar" and "liboverlay-scrollbar-0.1-0" packages and by restarting your computer.
ej64
Level 4
Level 4

Re: A proper scrollbar for the windows please!

Post by ej64 »

just remove package liboverlay-scrollbar via synaptic

edit: @wyrdoak: you've been faster :)
Thinkpad X220 with Samsung SSD running Xubuntu 13.04
I'm getting old gladly -- I don't like to die young ...

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”