cd/dvd not recognized LMDE 64

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
zzzz

cd/dvd not recognized LMDE 64

Post by zzzz »

My optical drive is not recognized by LMDE 64 GNOME. Yes it works (W7 recognizes it). Yes, LMDE 64 GNOME did recognize it, now it does not.

My computer is an ASUS cm6850-05

I don't know if an update install made this issue or not, but I have the latest updates installed.

I cannot write or read cd or dvd and it does not appear in the "computer" page. I have written and read cd and dvd with LMDE in the past, and still can when I boot into W7.

z@z ~ $ dmesg | grep -i cd | grep -i rom
[ 0.507887] pci_root PNP0A08:00: address space collision: host bridge window [mem 0x000c8000-0x000dffff] conflicts with Video ROM [mem 0x000c0000-0x000cd7ff]
z@z ~ $

I have tried swapping SATA connections on the motherboard, no help.

Upon boot, I get:

[ 0 .507827] pci_root PNP0A08: address space collision: host bridge window [mem xxxxxxxxx] conflicts with video rom [mem xxxxxxxx]

Help!!!!! Where do I go from here?

ZZZZ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: cd/dvd not recognized LMDE 64

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
zzzz

Post by zzzz »

Someone else has my exact machine and the exact same type problem. Here is a link.

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=268668

I also had problems booting the initial ISO via the optical drive, I tried dvd and I got similar results as the guy in the link above. I had to install LMDE via USB.

Like the guy in the link, I tried hooking up to different SATA ports, but I did not get the same result, though I have not tried all of them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
zzzz

Post by zzzz »

UPDATE:

If I boot with the original LMDE 64 GNOME ISO USB, the cd/dvd is recognized and useable, but only IF I connect it to a SATA3, not the SATA6 port.

Also, my HP printer in recognized and installed using the USB boot.

UPDATE: As of this boot from the installed LMDE on hd, my cd/dvd drive is recognized and working. It worked a couple weeks ago, now it works again. UNSTABLE! However, my HP printer is still not recognized, though it is recognized and works when booting the ISO install image from USB.

I have connected the op drive to every port previously with not luck getting it recognized. I've booted and checked many dozens of times in the past days. I'm currently hooked up to SATA3 port, originally the op drive was hooked up to a SATA6 port. Very strange.

Is this unstability experienced by anyone else?

Is there a file I need to change? Do I need to reinstall using a particular partition arrangement? Other suggestions?

Return to “LMDE Archive”