mint 12 kde issue(RESOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
podagee

mint 12 kde issue(RESOLVED)

Post by podagee »

software manager opens up for about 3 seconds then closes automatically.is there a way to get into it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cudayne

Re: mint 12 kde issue

Post by cudayne »

hum i just tride it too had the same result. One of those RC issues i guess.
ferri

Post by ferri »

podagee wrote:software manager opens up for about 3 seconds then closes automatically.is there a way to get into it?
After installation updates it works without problem.
podagee

Post by podagee »

nope its still doing it
podagee

Post by podagee »

gonna install another software center cause its really annoying me
podagee

Post by podagee »

tried ubuntu software-center and it doesnt even load.this is a minor bug.beside this problem,this rc is very very nice
colyn

Post by colyn »

Mine works fine.

Try shutting down the computer then restart and give it a try..
nico

Post by nico »

Try shutting down the computer then restart and give it a try..
I wish it was like the egg of Columbus :lol:

i have exactly the same problem, everything is updated, i even switched off and on pc several times but still software manager opens for 3 seconds and suddenly closes
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Works fine here as well. I usually use synaptic but gave Software Center a try to see if I had the same bug. I installed several apps without incident.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
tlord

Post by tlord »

I have the same problem with the Software Manager dropping out after 5 seconds. Also the Synaptic Package Manager fails to load.
I am running Mint 12 KDE 64.
Help on this matter would be appreciated.
podagee

Post by podagee »

restarting the computer didnt solve because everytime i jump on my comp. it never runs.so that solution is out.
podagee

Post by podagee »

also i thought i'd throw this in there too:
when downloading on my mint 12 kde it locks up the download...just stops.it aint my net connection as the mint 12 gnome downloads fine.just another minor issue.still love this release though.
GoustiFruit
Level 4
Level 4

Post by GoustiFruit »

Same problem for me with the Software Manager, it just vanishes after a couple seconds. From the livecd I could at least browse it for a few seconds, but after installing, and after applying all updates, it just closes almost instantly. :(
kmb42vt
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kmb42vt »

This is a known problem with the RC and will be fixed by the final release. It looks like a bug in 'mintinstall' rather than a problem with KDE itself and was seen in the Main Edition of Linux Mint 12 early on as well although it seems to be fixed there with the latest updates. LM 12 KDE should have the fix in shortly I would imagine.
"Humph. Choice, it is the quintessential Linux delusion, simultaneously the source of it's greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness." (All apologies to The Architect)
lamolo

Post by lamolo »

Same behaviour for me, Software Manager exit after 5 sec. Synaptic work fine. Maybe a 64bits issue.
podagee

Post by podagee »

nope it was on my 32
biggyk

Post by biggyk »

I having the same issue too, very annoying. It seems to happen in other kde distros as well. Kubuntu did it with Muon.
mack_guy911

Post by mack_guy911 »

Software Manager exit after 5 sec same problem i also face also when change to theme menu stuck nothing work i switch to classic menu and start to normal menu again it work i guess its also bug

Muon is stable why not you make it as default or something like that
o SolaRiuM o

Post by o SolaRiuM o »

still after all the updates my software manager still crashes, some times it will close immediately but some times it wil take like 10 seconds. someone help?? :(
cudayne

Post by cudayne »

I fixed mine or well crashed into the fix. After trying an botching my nvidia driver install I found this thread http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=92283 after doing what the second poster said an doing the kernel upgrade then installing the video driver low an behold the software manager as well as my nvidia video card work.

So too the untrained it maybe a video driver issue or some other change in the kernel that makes it work. As stated before i did this on multiple installs of mint 12 rc software manaer woud open an 5 secnd later close. Now i have successfully installed 3 packages. hope this helps someone.

Return to “Software & Applications”