VLC unable to open the MRL error.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
steinklatre

VLC unable to open the MRL error.

Post by steinklatre »

Setup is:

HP zt1185 running LMDE11 and I have my computer internal drive and external drive(via usb to router) mapped. I disabled the firewall on laptop, computer and router and still get the error.

I verified all folders are shared.

Any input?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: VLC unable to open the MRL error.

Post by DrHu »

As long as you can see the file, it probably doesn't matter how it is accessed, since you will only need read/execute permission to open the file
--in any case, could be Debian multimedia support
http://us.generation-nt.com/answer/vlc- ... 62311.html

Try another media player, see if that works, then check any VLC plugins being used ?

Also, if it is a dvd/cd fileset, you usually use Open disc from VLC to read that setinto that application and begin processing the files in the order the fileset requires: the application VLC manages that for you..
  • If you aren't doing it that way, you will have to identify the file type and see how or if it is supported by that application..
steinklatre

Re: VLC unable to open the MRL error.

Post by steinklatre »

It is ripped DVD's in .mkv format and I use VLC to play them all on the host desktop. I have been reading about the debian issues. I will look into that angle.

Return to “LMDE Archive”