How to install Cinnamon to LMDE?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cybeet

How to install Cinnamon to LMDE?

Post by cybeet »

I just installed LMDE, (Gnome, because LMDE with XFCE didn't work) and tried to install Cinnamon, because I prefer it to Gnome 2/3. When I typed "sudo apt-get install cinnamon-session", it didn't work, and there's what it said:

(NOTE: I am using finnish translations, so here's only translated version (translations by me) of important parts of what it said.)

Code: Select all

...Some packages couldn't be installed...
...if used an unstable distribution...
...some required packages aren't created or moved from Incoming-folder...
...depenences: cinnamon but isn't installable...
So here was important parts of error message. If anyone needs full message, I can change my system language to english for a while. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: How to install Cinnamon to LMDE?

Post by viking777 »

It is nothing to do with your Finnish translations cybeet, I can't do it either and I can only speak English :) That may mean that it can't be done at all, or it may mean that it is too difficult for me, I don't know which?

LMDE in all its forms seems to be stuck in a rut at the moment, as an example, it should have had gnome-shell 3.2 weeks ago, but it is still stuck with the drastically inferior 3.0. I have no idea why, but it has led me to use a more up to date distro for most of the time recently. Dual boot with Mint 12 for example and Cinnamon is available to you instantly.
GeneC

Re: How to install Cinnamon to LMDE?

Post by GeneC »

Hi guys

Its not been possible so far. A few of us have been trying.
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=90277

Return to “LMDE Archive”