AGP Graphics Cards [ SOLVED ]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Dar-es-Salaam

AGP Graphics Cards [ SOLVED ]

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi,

I am fed up with my graphics card not working very well, so what agp graphics cards does LMDE support ?? I ask this with the hope that if I go and get another graphics card it will at least run correctly unlike my present card ( ATI Radeon X1600 PRO ) which is very jerky even though LMDE says it is installed correctly.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
davy51

Re: AGP Graphics Cards

Post by davy51 »

I have a Nvidia GForce FX5200 installed on one computer it runs fine

I had to update my flash but other than that no problems
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Post by grimdestripador »

Choose a cheep-o nvidia card. Sway far away from any and all radeon. The card itself does not matter, the choppiness you observe is from bad proprietary drivers provided by ati/amd.
Dar-es-Salaam

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi grimdestripador and Davy51

Thanks for that people I will try an nvidia crd and let you know how it goes :D :D
Dar-es-Salaam

Re: AGP Graphics Cards [ SOLVED ]

Post by Dar-es-Salaam »

Hi grimdestripador and Davy51

Sorry it has taken a long time before a final reply but just wanted to make sure all was ok.

Bought myself a geforce nvidia pny 6200 , only agp one that I could find infact, but it works fine. a lot smoother and faster than my radeon card but still jumpy, so I am asuming that I will have to get a faster cpu. that is my next target

Thanks for all your assistance :D :D
secipolla

Re: AGP Graphics Cards [ SOLVED ]

Post by secipolla »

I have a GF6200 from when the PC was built (back in '03 prob.) and an Athlon XP 1700+ (1467MHz) and have two Debian sid installations, one with Xfce and one with KDE 4.7.4.
Xfce works perfectly and KDE works well (but is memory hungry, 2GB should be best for it).
One can't expect miracles with our specs, though.

Return to “LMDE Archive”