Switch to XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ninuzzu77

Switch to XFCE

Post by ninuzzu77 »

I just installed Mint 4.0 and really love it. I was thinking of trying Xfce, but was wondering if there is a relatively hassle-free way to do so, and be able to switch back to Gnome easily.

I should add that I'm a Linux newbie, but very much enjoying the process of learning this whole new tech realm.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Wasda
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Switch to XFCE

Post by Wasda »

You can try it first in virtualbox to see if you like it or else with the live cd.
The version 4.0 is still beta or else 3.0 cassandra.
This way you don't change anything with gnome.
ninuzzu77

Post by ninuzzu77 »

I just downloaded the ISO for the LiveCD, and will give it a try that way. Thanks for the reply.
molom

Post by molom »

ninuzzu77 wrote:I just downloaded the ISO for the LiveCD, and will give it a try that way. Thanks for the reply.
You can try the E17 edition that will be coming out soon if you want. For more info - http://linuxminte17.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
molom
ninuzzu77

Post by ninuzzu77 »

The XFCE LiveCD was surprisingly fast even for a CD. Can I expect the same sort of speed running the E17 CD?
molom

Post by molom »

ninuzzu77 wrote:The XFCE LiveCD was surprisingly fast even for a CD. Can I expect the same sort of speed running the E17 CD?
I have found E17 to be much faster, but I found E17's bootup more or less 5 seconds slower than XFCE. But I'm comparing it to Xubuntu, I heard that Linux Mint XFCE boots slower than Xubuntu.

Cheers,
molom
ninuzzu77

Post by ninuzzu77 »

Sounds cool. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Return to “Xfce”