update manager glitch in mint 9

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
truexfan81

update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by truexfan81 »

Ok when looking at the latest updates for mint 9 for some reason it was showing some kernel and xorg updates as level 3, after unchecking them and installing the rest of the upgrades they are back in levels 4 and 5. Just thought that was a little strange.

this was in mint 9 main x64
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4

Re: update manager glitch in mint 9

Post by doktornotor »

Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
truexfan81

Post by truexfan81 »

doktornotor wrote:Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
not true, i just installed kernel updates on my mint 12 netbook they were levels 4 and 5
doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4

Post by doktornotor »

truexfan81 wrote:
doktornotor wrote:Well, these levels have been already removed in newer versions altogether.
not true, i just installed kernel updates on my mint 12 netbook they were levels 4 and 5
In the new version of mintupdate, there is no such thing like these (confusing) levels. The feature is removed altogether. My point - do not expect getting something fixed when it already has been fixed by removing the feature completely.
truexfan81

Post by truexfan81 »

doktornotor wrote:
truexfan81 wrote:
In the new version of mintupdate, there is no such thing like these (confusing) levels. The feature is removed altogether. My point - do not expect getting something fixed when it already has been fixed by removing the feature completely.
now thats funny :lol:

Return to “Beginner Questions”