Dock in Cinnamon?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
A Future Pilot

Dock in Cinnamon?

Post by A Future Pilot »

More a question than an actual suggestion...are there plans to be able to have a mac-like dock in Cinammon?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Dock in Cinnamon?

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

I don't think the Linux Mint developers will be working on that. Customisation of the default desktop is left to the user :wink: Probably docks that work with GNOME 3 could be added to Cinnamon as well, perhaps with a little work. Cinnamon is currently in alpha stage, so results currently may vary.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

A Future Pilot wrote:More a question than an actual suggestion...are there plans to be able to have a mac-like dock in Cinammon?

I am using the Cairo Dock with the Mac theme now. Works beautifully with Cinnamon :wink:
akavir

Post by akavir »

I would recommend cinnamon to any general user. I use cairo-dock as a session by itself at login. You don't need cinnamon with a dock these days. I love the fact that it gives you edge to edge screen real estate with no bars wasting your screen! IMHO, Cairo-dock session gives you the best parts of Gnome 3 without all the annoying crap!
WoodCAT
Level 1
Level 1

Post by WoodCAT »

I'm using AWN with Cinamon without any problems
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

I used to use either Docky or Cairo Dock with earlier Mint distros, but since switching to Mint 12, I feel that a dock is superfluous. Perhaps I'm among those users who like to keep things as simple and lean as possible. 8)
Reorx
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Reorx »

Full time Linux Mint user since 2011 - Currently running LM21C on multiple Dell laptops - mostly Vostro models.

Image Image Image
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

There is a dock extension for Cinnamon: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/extensions/view/6

- but you can just install avant-window-navigator or docky to have a full-featured yet simple mac-like dock. I recommend AWN.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”