Firefox/Iceweasel add-on...(SOLVED)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Firefox/Iceweasel add-on...(SOLVED)

Post by tenfoot »

Using LMDE 201109 with Iceweasel v5.0

One of my favourite add-on is Change, which puts a toolbar onto Icweasel pages, with writable icons to allow conversion from one currency to another. This has worked perfectly until I had to reinstall v5.0 of Iceweasel . Trying to download the add-on leads to a message that Change is not compatible with v5.0.

However, I seem to remember reading - I think on these Forums - that a member wrote how to modify one of the Change files to allow it to be used with Iceweasel v5.0 but try as I might, I cannot find those instructions.I have tried every combination of search terms I can think of to find what I want but without any success.

Am I dreaming, or was this solution posted to the Mint Forum?

If so, will some kind person please let me know where to find it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Firefox/Iceweasel add-on...

Post by tenfoot »

Thank you. The check compatibility' add=on worked out of the box. I am now a happy kiwi!
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)

Return to “LMDE Archive”