Adwaita messing up my cinnamon theme

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JessiRay

Adwaita messing up my cinnamon theme

Post by JessiRay »

So I just switched over to Cinnamon because I've heard nothing but good things about it.
I made a newbie mistake though and accidentally switched to Adwaita in the gnome shell appearance manager and now, it's mixing up my UI.

Basically, my windows look like adwaita and not the "hacktivist" theme I have installed on the bottom panel.

It's annoying. I think it's switched to my Mate/Gnome3 icon theme too, instead of the hacktivist theme.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

I'm using mint 12, 64bit on an Asus laptop, if that helps.

The settings:
I really do apologize. I was the idiot who looked the wrong place first and didn't read how to mess with themes properly. HM.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
davedarkblade

Re: Adwaita messing up my cinnamon theme

Post by davedarkblade »

I can't change the adwaita theme too... some ideas?
ramartz

Post by ramartz »

I have the same problem, silly mistake and couldn't go back for some reason.. anyone?
veggen

Post by veggen »

I did a very similar thing with a very similar result. I fixed it by going to "Advanced Settings" -> "Theme" and changing things there.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

You can't use "Appearance" to change window theme.

See Mint 12 Tips & Tricks Guide section 5h on how to change window themes and 4a for gtk+ themes (you need both in Cinnamon).

Return to “Cinnamon”