Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tommytis

Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Post by tommytis »

Hello,

I recently have changed from Ubuntu to Mint... and so far mint looks good... I like using compiz andsome other functions only available on gnome 2. So I have logged in with the Gnome classic and everything looks default... good....

My problem is that I would like to remove the panels top and bottom. In ubuntu i used to do this by right clicking on panel and deleting. On mint 12 this is not possible... I want to know how I can remove both top and bottom panels? I have already configured cairo-dock to replace these panels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tommy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Gnome classic and Mint 12 Panel

Post by Monsta »

It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
I suggest you log into MATE session instead, you'll find it much easier to configure since it's Gnome 2 fork.
tommytis

Post by tommytis »

It did not work...
tommytis

Post by tommytis »

Hi people know... I found that you can login with the cairo-dock enabled from the login screen. Just change it from gnome to cairo-dock with open GL or without for those that dont have a high end graphics card.

Kind regards,
Randomologist

Post by Randomologist »

I am just a new user to mint, but I love it. Best OS ever!
To answer your question, I have found a way to "change" the look of it.
What you have to do is alt+right click on either bar and you can make it smaller, or move it to the top of the screen.
I hope that answers your question
To answer your reply, it does work on my version. just make sure you hold down alt and then right click.
almars

Post by almars »

tommytis wrote:Hello,

I recently have changed from Ubuntu to Mint... and so far mint looks good... I like using compiz andsome other functions only available on gnome 2. So I have logged in with the Gnome classic and everything looks default... good....

My problem is that I would like to remove the panels top and bottom. In ubuntu i used to do this by right clicking on panel and deleting. On mint 12 this is not possible... I want to know how I can remove both top and bottom panels? I have already configured cairo-dock to replace these panels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tommy
I have the same problem,
Randomologist

Post by Randomologist »

I changed mine in Gnome Classic (no effects). Don't know if it works in others. I am now using cinnamon, and there is a settings panel which lets you choose options. It is still a work in progress, but still funtional.
4dr14n4

Post by 4dr14n4 »

Monsta wrote:It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
I suggest you log into MATE session instead, you'll find it much easier to configure since it's Gnome 2 fork.
Thanx! It worked for me. :)
turfreijer

Post by turfreijer »

4dr14n4 wrote:
Monsta wrote:It's Alt+right click in Gnome Classic. ("Thanks" for that Alt thing should be sent directly to Gnome developers.)
Thanx! It worked for me. :)
For me also, thanx...

Return to “MATE”