Rt. clicking on desktop to change background? (solved)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dave W.

Rt. clicking on desktop to change background? (solved)

Post by Dave W. »

Hello all,
I'm not sure if it is just me. I seem to remember being able to rt click on the desktop to change backgrounds. Did that change with a cinnamon update or did I break something?

Thanks,
Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dsplayname

Re: Right clicking on desktop to change background?

Post by dsplayname »

I'm running 1.3.1 and right clicking on the desktop brings up the menu with the option to change the background. It is the same settings menu as "appearance" in system settings. so you may want to try looking there.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

In the latest Cinnamon (from git) you have to first enable "Have file manager handle the dekstop" under Desktop in Cinnamon Settings.
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

bimsebasse wrote:In the latest Cinnamon (from git) you have to first enable "Have file manager handle the dekstop" under Desktop in Cinnamon Settings.

I have this ticked but mine does not work either. I have to open system settings to change my desktop background
Dave W.

Post by Dave W. »

bimsebasse wrote:In the latest Cinnamon (from git) you have to first enable "Have file manager handle the dekstop" under Desktop in Cinnamon Settings.
Yes, that worked for me. Thank you!

Dave
Dave W.

Re: Rt. clicking on desktop to change background? (solved)

Post by Dave W. »

z06gal wrote:

I have this ticked but mine does not work either. I have to open system settings to change my desktop background
I marked this as solved, but I see that z06gal still has a problem. :?

Return to “Cinnamon”