[SOLVED] Pls--weather gadget/widget for Lxde desktop?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
UUUnicorn

[SOLVED] Pls--weather gadget/widget for Lxde desktop?

Post by UUUnicorn »

Hello, ev'ryone; how're you?

Please, I am using Linux Mint 11 Lxde "Katya", and I was wondering if there might be some sort of desktop weather gadget/widget for the Lxde desktop. :?:

I did find something called "Screenlets", but I don't know if this would work on the Lxde desktop, and the only one for which I really, REALLY wish is the one specifically for weather.

Thank you very, very much in advance.

Sincerely,

UUUnicorn

SOLVED by installing "Screenlets" in Software Manager, plus "Screenlets-doc" and "Screenlets-pack-all" ("Screenlets-pack-basic" wouldn't install, but that's okay). I clicked on (to highlight) and launched "WidescapeWeather", I right-clicked on the screenlet, left-clicked on "Properties", and did a few things--one thing was customising the background colour in the screenlet to be a beautiful green hue. I clicked on the "Options" tab, then on the "Weather" tab below, and unchecked the box after "Use metric over imperial units".
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Pls--weather gadget/widget for Lxde desktop?

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator
edtheuniquegeek

Re: Pls--weather gadget/widget for Lxde desktop?

Post by edtheuniquegeek »

UUUnicorn wrote:Hello, ev'ryone; how're you?

Please, I am using Linux Mint 11 Lxde "Katya", and I was wondering if there might be some sort of desktop weather gadget/widget for the Lxde desktop. :?:

I did find something called "Screenlets", but I don't know if this would work on the Lxde desktop, and the only one for which I really, REALLY wish is the one specifically for weather.

Thank you very, very much in advance.

Sincerely,

UUUnicorn
Try Conky with this configuration.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... &t=1156383

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”