Right click on LXDE desktop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlfonP

Right click on LXDE desktop

Post by AlfonP »

Hello all,

sorry if this question has already been asked. I have been searching through the net and can't find a suitable answer, so I have decided to place it here to see if I'm lucky.

I have just installed Linux Mint 12 on my netbook to test it and I love it. It's fast, reliable and saves a lot of energy (my battery life has moved from 30 minutes on windows XP, 45 on Meego to 1 hour and a half on Mint, awsome).

However, I'm having a problem (not major) with PCManFM and OpenBox. Somehow I switched the context menu (right-click on the desktop) from PCManFM to OpenBox and I can't find out how to switch it back again.

Browsing on the net I have found that the place to switch it is in the Preferences menu of PCManFM where it says "Desktop". However, that "Desktop" section is not shown in the preferences menu of the PCManFM version included in Mint.

Does anyone have the answer?

Thanks a lot!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Right click on LXDE desktop

Post by nunol »

Did you check if the "/etc/xdg/lxsession/Mint-LXDE/autostart" file has the "@pcmanfm --desktop" line?
alxstewart

Post by alxstewart »

It may be a little late, but just had this same problem today. I found the fix below here;

http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDE:Questions# ... s_go.3F.29

Right click on the desktop renders a weird menu (aka where did my desktop icons go?)

You have (by accident?) chosen to show the right click menu from the window manager (or vice versa as you'll see). This is a feature in PCManFM.
Open the Preference dialog (click preferences in the edit menu)
Pick the desktop tab
Mark (or unmark) the checkbox next to "Show menus provided by WM when desktop is clicked" or, if this checkbox is not present, tick "Manage the desktop and show file icons"
Press OK and you should be done.
If the desktop tab is not there, try running the following command from the terminal to open the desktop preferences dialog directly:
pcmanfm --desktop-pref
rouage

Post by rouage »

Thank you alxsteward !
Your answer helped me a lot !

Return to “Software & Applications”