Screensaver question

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeepBlunder

Screensaver question

Post by DeepBlunder »

Brand new to linux, less than 2 weeks. First tried Sabayon xfce but crashed twiced, so I switched to Debian xfce which has been running like a dream. Love it. Here is my issue: I want to switch xscreensaver to a photo slide show. I looked online and found the following instructions: "Just select "GLSlideshow" in the xscreensaver control panel, and enter the directory (or RSS URL) where your images live on the "Advanced" tab." I know exactly where I am supposed to enter the directory information as the online help suggests. My problem is that I don't the know how to properly enter the directory where the pictures are stored. Yes, I am that clueless. But I still will appreciate any help. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Screensaver question

Post by richyrich »

Section 1c . . : Mint 12 Tips & Tricks Guide

edit :
so I switched to Debian xfce
sorry . . wrong distro, wrong forum, wrong sub-forum . . :shock:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Yes, the above link won't help you; it is for Linux Mint 12, not for LMDE.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

In XFCE

go to screensaver setting and...
1. checkmark drop down box as 'only One screensaver'.
2. check sceensaver GLSlideshow (and only that one)
3.click settings (while GLSideshow highlighted)
4. read documentation (click box to read) will answer how to use and where to set picture directory ect.
5. enjoy :wink:

J.Jay
DeepBlunder

Post by DeepBlunder »

I am using Linux Mint Debian Edition xfce. Have found the linuxmint xfce board. Will repost there.

With regards to my issue with xscreensaver I know to select GLSlideshow, then select "Settings". Then in the command line change the default "glslideshow -root" to the folder that holds my pictures. I have tried to do this but apparently don't know the proper notation. My pictures are in a folder named pictures, which are in a folder named freedom, which are in a folder named home. But I just don't know how to reflect that in the command line, so still open to suggestions. Or if anyone knows another screen saver that displays photos, that would be another helpful suggestion. Thanks very much for the input and I will migrate over to the proper board.

Return to “Xfce”