Cinnamon: Showing multiple time zones in calendar applet?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbrendel
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon: Showing multiple time zones in calendar applet?

Post by jbrendel »

Hello!

I work a lot with people in different time zones. So, under Ubuntu I appreciated
the ability to add multiple time zones in the calendar app. It even included a small
world map, which would highlight the various locations I had set, and then showed
the times in those locations.

Is something similar possible in the Cinnamon calendar applet? Or has something
like this be planned, maybe? It would be a great addition to this already very
good desktop (I really like Cinnamon).

Thank you very much...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
wilo108

Re: Cinnamon: Showing multiple time zones in calendar applet

Post by wilo108 »

+1 -- this is important to me too. I notice, however, that even with the release of Gnome 3.4, and despite plans that it would be included in Gnome 3.2, there is still no concept of "locations" available. This would be high priority for me. (for now, I just add the necessary information to Conky, but it's not nearly such a nice solution).
toey

Post by toey »

massive flaw... i really liked it in Ubuntu too... need it like that again please!
kcpoole

Post by kcpoole »

Ahh you are kidding me no! cannot have multiple times in the Clock!
Up until I upgraded last week we could do so easily and now! Ok so how do I undo my "upgrade" and revert back to gnome2?
Jeez thought this was supposed to be an upgrade

Anyone know how we can do this?
Ken
jbrendel
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jbrendel »

No, it's not an upgrade, it's a rewrite, a brand new desktop which has some compatibility with an underlying Gnome 3.

Cinnamon already works quite nicely, but it still has some catching up to do in some areas. And the functionality and variety of applets is just one of those areas. It will get there, I'm sure, and for now I will stick with Cinnamon, since it's very promising and the developers really tend to listen to their users.

As a workaround, as suggested by other posters, I have used Conky, which displays multiple time zones (as well as lots of other stuff) on my desktop background.

Return to “Beginner Questions”