playing flash visible over all html pages

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kgom

playing flash visible over all html pages

Post by kgom »

Hi, I'm using mint 12 LXDE. I start the BBC iPlayer in firefox and listen to Radio 2. I open on another desktop opera to look at something else while the iPlayer is playing. I see the picture from the iPlayer on every opened web page in opera :x and it is not only cross browser indeed. There was nothing like this on 11 :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
veggen

Re: playing flash visible over all html pages

Post by veggen »

I've seen this problem many times in recent history. It was caused by Linux version of Flash plugin itself. Starting with some specific version number, and only when hardware acceleration is enabled, the flash window would "shine through" everything. The temporary workaround is to disable hardware acceleration (right-click on a flash window, select settings, not global, and you should have an option there). But the thing is, this problem was fixed in recent Flash versions I think... or at least I stopped seeing it. Are you sure you have the latest flash and maybe even latest Firefox?
kgom

Re: playing flash visible over all html pages

Post by kgom »

I always let the recommended updates in. Firefox was updated only days ago. The Flash player is current either.
Switching off hardware acceleration did the trick, thank you :)

Return to “Software & Applications”