How to change compiz windows theme?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
QueenZ

How to change compiz windows theme?

Post by QueenZ »

Hello, I JUST installed Linux Mint Debian with MATE 1.2. I installed the Ambiance theme but when I applied it, the windows borders didn't change for some reason... Well, they did change with Metacity but when I turn Compiz on, it doesn't work... I'll show you in the screenshot below...

How can change the windows borders as well?

See the attachment....
screenshot.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
QueenZ

Re: How to change compiz windows theme?

Post by QueenZ »

bump
QueenZ

Post by QueenZ »

bump
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

I can understand your desire for a quick solution, but please adhere to the forum rules with regards to bumping (section II, bullet [9] Bumping).
AJ1000

Post by AJ1000 »

Found a way to do it ... I am using MATE and Compiz in LMDE.
1) Install ubuntu-tweak_0.7.1-1~oneiric1_all.deb
2) Select Tweaks tab
3) Select Theme
4) Set it all up in here partially works, but the 'Windows Theme' combobox does work and will change the window border correctly.

Most of Ubuntu Tweak does not work with LMDE, so change other settings at your own risk, but I can confirm that the 'Windows Theme' combobox does work, and overcomes the problem.
Honest Mistake

Post by Honest Mistake »

You can also do it with gconf-editor.
jwedekin

Post by jwedekin »

For those of us who are used to the nice GUI theme changing capabilities in LinuxMint 11, could you provide detailed instructions on how to use gconf-editor to change the theme back to Mint-X?

Thanks.
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

jwedekin wrote:For those of us who are used to the nice GUI theme changing capabilities in LinuxMint 11, could you provide detailed instructions on how to use gconf-editor to change the theme back to Mint-X?

Thanks.
open gconf-editor go to apps/metacity./general/scroll down to theme/right click, edit key, type in Mint-X/ click OK You might have to restart your windows manager with the compiz fusion icon by right chick reload windows manager left click.
hellfire695

Post by hellfire695 »

too simplify this just put this in the terminal

gconftool-2 --set --type string /apps/metacity/general/theme Ambiance

Return to “LMDE Archive”