4.0 New Install no dialup

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
addr
Level 2
Level 2

4.0 New Install no dialup

Post by addr »

I have installed Mint (mini-gnome) with extreme difficulty (another post for that if I get this fixed).

I can't get an internet (dialup) connection.

It dials out OK but does not connect. I have checked Users and Dialout is enabled. Checked ppp for noauth...OK.

This is the worst install of a Linux system I have experienced...problem after problem.

I have to have an Internet connection before I try sorting the rest out so please help.

Thankyou
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Re: 4.0 New Install no dialup

Post by MALsPa »

Are you getting any error messages?

I have dial-up in Daryna, working with either gnome-ppp or with the "Network Option" shown here:

http://www.debianadmin.com/setting-up-d ... buntu.html

Either way is working for me.
addr
Level 2
Level 2

Re: 4.0 New Install no dialup

Post by addr »

No error messages.
I re-installed thinking it was something to do with permissions since I had elected to go with SU instead of SUDO and noticed I was using my user password anyway once I was in. Changed to SUDO thought there might be a glitch there...no go.

I dunno. I can configure KPPP and Gnome-ppp in my sleep. The only time I have had trouble like this was with a Fedora install where there was (and probably still is) a bug in the Network setup.

Anyway, thanks for trying, but this has used hours of my time...5 installs...and I'm out of here.

Return to “Installation & Boot”