XFCE 4.10 for LMDE 64

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ashfaq

XFCE 4.10 for LMDE 64

Post by ashfaq »

Well, someone can give me an input if I should be able to install latest xfce 4.10 in lmde 64 bit latest with all its default applications! Please help me how to go about it, if yes, and it is possible, than lets do it. Again, I am not an expert, just able to work by pasting commands provided by you people in forums and "how too's" in terminal I am able to survive, that is all. But I love lmde. I tried all the sessions in Desktop available in the default install, and would like to stick to xfce, but with the latest 4.10 available, as it is said to be having more applications, and have come up after a studied gap.

I hope some one must have thought about this, Is it possible to build it from source as the website says, than a good "how to" with all the commands, and instructions to avoid, some ot the needed danger zones, will help all of the lmde users to enjoy this latest desktop. Please make me aware of the possibilities.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: XFCE 4.10 for LMDE 64

Post by Brian49 »

I've already posted about this - please see the next thread down the list in this forum, started by dennis74.
ashfaq

Post by ashfaq »

Brian49 wrote:I've already posted about this - please see the next thread down the list in this forum, started by dennis74.
Dear, I was looking for a 'how to' for compiling from source code, how it is done, and is it possible in the latest release of LMDE AMD64. If it is possible to build it from source, why do we wait for it to be released in the lmde's repositories when it is only possible next year for them to include it! That was my 'New Bee' question, pardon me if it sounds childish, as I am childish in experience to linux!

If you have any links where this is explained, kinldy provide me the same, as I am also searching, or help me understand if I am asking too much!
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

Upgrading from a repository is much easier than compiling from source. You can upgrade from a repository right now (the Debian Experimental repository), as I explained in the other forum thread I mentioned. If you need more help with that, I will do my best. If you are especially keen on compiling from source, I can't help.
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

acually the packages doesn't have to wait for debian testing to get...
LMint could compile themeself and put in their own LMDE repo (where the Mint tools and some others apps are pinned/enhanced for Mint)
But may later conflict with the one in testing when debian gets. :o

J.Jay
ashfaq

Post by ashfaq »

Brian49 wrote:Upgrading from a repository is much easier than compiling from source. You can upgrade from a repository right now (the Debian Experimental repository), as I explained in the other forum thread I mentioned. If you need more help with that, I will do my best. If you are especially keen on compiling from source, I can't help.
Brian49, I agree with you! lets start with what is available, before diving into unknown. You said you will help me, to start with is this " Debian Experimental Repository" included in LMDE or we have to add it? if yes please give me the instructions from their on.. and ufter upgrading, this stuff works is that your experience, or their are some conflicts, make me aware of that too to take that in stride.

Would be waiting for your next quick response!

Return to “LMDE Archive”