No other audio if playing game

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Lishy

No other audio if playing game

Post by Lishy »

Hey guys. If I play a game like Doom or Guild Wars, or anything, I'm not able to hear ANY audio from other sources! This includes VLC Player and Youtube videos and ANYTHING!

Would you guys know how to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
äxl

Re: No other audio if playing game

Post by äxl »

:? How do you play these games? Wine?
Where do you have that from?
Lishy

Post by Lishy »

Yes from WINE, but also native Linux games, such as the Linux port of Skulltag Doom. This occurs even with my own game I made which should play music directly from the mp3s in the folder!

Apparently this has to do with some OSS sound and Pulse audio conflict?

Either way... WHAT the heck am I supposed to do!? I can't find ANY info on google whatsoever! You can't be seriously telling me I'm the only one with this problem, can you?
Kanode

Post by Kanode »

I have the same problem (for a similar reason, I'd like to play Starcraft 2 and listen to some music) and I'm glad that there already is a thread for this. But I don't really understand what you want to tell Lishy with the links. Sorry, I don't have the insight into the Linux systems yet and don't understand how the sound is managed. I googled a bit about this problem myself but had trouble understanding most of my results. Do you want to say that this is a known problem and hard to fix or that one should follow the "WineAndPulseaudio" guide? That one frightened me off a bit, because it states that it might break all but the most simple setups.

Could you please explain this problem to me?

Best,
Kanode
äxl

Post by äxl »

Kanode wrote:Do you want to say that this is a known problem and hard to fix
I guess so. I was simply presenting links because Lishy claimed there were no informations. Sorry, if it doesn't help.
or that one should follow the "WineAndPulseaudio" guide?
I haven't read much into that issue but you should always do backups anyway - of single files or whole systems.

Return to “LMDE Archive”