Mint 13 (Maya) RC out

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
outfieldgrass

Re: Mint 13 (Maya) RC out

Post by outfieldgrass »

I've noticed with Mint 13 that after a restart, or logging out and back in, all windows lose their GTK theme setting and they are left with a black border that contains no button to close or minimize. I then have to go into Cinnamon settings, change the GTK theme and then change it back. I didn't have this issue with Mint 12 and its using the same version of Cinnamon, right? Anybody else experience this?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

outfieldgrass wrote:I didn't have this issue with Mint 12 and its using the same version of Cinnamon, right?
the v. in maya's repository is different from the one available in lisa.
Therion87

Post by Therion87 »

Everything seems to be working fine here. Installed all the apps I normally install, compiled my custom kernel, nvidia drivers on 560m, loaded cinnamon apps. No issues I've ran into so far. Loving it right now, been waiting for 13 LTS for quite sometime now. Good work guys!
linuxmint13.jpg
Java_Az

Post by Java_Az »

outfieldgrass wrote:I've noticed with Mint 13 that after a restart, or logging out and back in, all windows lose their GTK theme setting and they are left with a black border that contains no button to close or minimize. I then have to go into Cinnamon settings, change the GTK theme and then change it back. I didn't have this issue with Mint 12 and its using the same version of Cinnamon, right? Anybody else experience this?
Yes i am getting the same thing on my system. If i figure out a solution i will post back with it
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

I haven't been having said issues with GTK themes on my Mint 13 Cinnamon install. It might have something to do with your hardware? Or maybe you need to reinstall it? Idk. But, as of right now, Mint 13 works perfectly fine for me. I just don't like the replacement for lightdm much. But I can live with it.
steviejay

Post by steviejay »

Java_Az wrote:
outfieldgrass wrote:I've noticed with Mint 13 that after a restart, or logging out and back in, all windows lose their GTK theme setting and they are left with a black border that contains no button to close or minimize. I then have to go into Cinnamon settings, change the GTK theme and then change it back. I didn't have this issue with Mint 12 and its using the same version of Cinnamon, right? Anybody else experience this?
Yes i am getting the same thing on my system. If i figure out a solution i will post back with it

Add me too the list as well. Bit of a PITA but it's the only issue I have. Apart from that everything's working great.
outfieldgrass

Post by outfieldgrass »

steviejay wrote:
Java_Az wrote:

Add me too the list as well. Bit of a PITA but it's the only issue I have. Apart from that everything's working great.
If this is the only issue we can find I think we are good to go lol. I agree its a PITA but not a deal breaker for me.
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

Well I updated VirtualBox, but the problem I had before still persists. It's only when I have 3D acceleration on though.
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

Softpedia breaking news: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mi ... 0025.shtml
(And they're using a screen capture from LMDE!!! :oops: )
Last edited by esteban1uy on Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodrigodk

Post by rodrigodk »

I have a strange bug:

I'm used the option to auto-use the remaining space alongside Windows, and grub was installed on my USB pendrive (mapped as sdb on Live Mint) instead my hard drive (mapped as sda on Live Mint).

I've booted from the pendrive (created from iso using LiLi - Linux Live USB Creator).

How can I submit this installer bug?
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Well, I got the two versions of Linux Mint 13 RC, both are felt very fast, especially with the MATE desktop version. The desktop Cinnamon did not load on my machine, since it still needs graphics acceleration, so I loaded a desktop fallback mode that really works well. I found a great ugly bug in both editions: They have problems to connecting to the Internet, cost me several times using the Network Manager and I recognized the connection to the Internet, nor walked me using "sudo pppoeconf". Hopefully this is corrected in the final version should be borne in account that it is an LTS version.-
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

Jose Manuel wrote:Well, I got the two versions of Linux Mint 13 RC, both are felt very fast, especially with the MATE desktop version. The desktop Cinnamon did not load on my machine, since it still needs graphics acceleration, so I loaded a desktop fallback mode that really works well. I found a great ugly bug in both editions: They have problems to connecting to the Internet, cost me several times using the Network Manager and I recognized the connection to the Internet, nor walked me using "sudo pppoeconf". Hopefully this is corrected in the final version should be borne in account that it is an LTS version.-
I've tested the internet connection both wired and wireless, and both work flawlessly. I don't know why it isn't working for you correctly. What kind of network card are you using? And is it wired or wireless?
realitykid

Post by realitykid »

So, I'm listening to music in Mint 13 Cinnamon with Banshee. I noticed that the Banshee icon shows in the system tray area.

Should it be like this? Or is this just a bug?
cariyawa
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cariyawa »

Finally I am done with installing mint 13 with MATE. I used fglrx without any problem(I think cinnamon gave problems because of fglrx.. that is my guess), MATE is really fast.. and seems like very stable. It is just like I am working in my mint 11(I love it :D ). Still I am installing all the required packages. Thanks Clem and all the developers who are working hard to bring this release.
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

realitykid wrote:So, I'm listening to music in Mint 13 Cinnamon with Banshee. I noticed that the Banshee icon shows in the system tray area.
That's not a bug, that's a feature!
The same for VLC:

cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

esteban1uy wrote:
realitykid wrote:So, I'm listening to music in Mint 13 Cinnamon with Banshee. I noticed that the Banshee icon shows in the system tray area.
That's not a bug, that's a feature!
The same for VLC:

Somewhere on the blog announcement Clem said that banshee kept its icon so it was compatible with other DEs like Xfce.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

If anyone is having trouble with the G-streamer bug not playing some MP4 videos in Minitube or other players... I found this:

http://flavio.tordini.org/forums/topic/ ... tributions
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

cwwgateway wrote:Somewhere on the blog announcement Clem said that banshee kept its icon so it was compatible with other DEs like Xfce.
You're right: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2010#comment-64409
"Edit by Clem: (...) For Banshee, we enabled the systray icon despite the fact that Cinnamon doesn’t need it so that it would be compatible with all DEs out there (MATE and Xfce in particular)."
Rua
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rua »

I wonder why would it not be needed?
esteban1uy

Post by esteban1uy »

Rua wrote:I wonder why would it not be needed?
Because it is already integrated into the volume applet:

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”