Installing LMD from live pendrive to entire drive.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
munin

Installing LMD from live pendrive to entire drive.

Post by munin »

New member, first post. When I install a Linux distro I always get the option to install to entire disk. Very simple and easy. With LMD the only option is to use Gparted, which I do not need, since my computer has only one HD with one partition. I have erased the whole disk, and done what I thought was necessary, but have not managed to install the system. One problem is formatting. Is formatting necessary, and what option should I choose? There is also the option to use the terminal, but I have no idea what commands to use.
I have installed and tried almost a dozen Linux distros, and from what I have seen so far from LMD, it is in a class of its own, so there should be no reason to look further. Suggestions would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
äxl

Re: Installing LMD from live pendrive to entire drive.

Post by äxl »

I guess you're talking about the installer suggesting to create partitions for /, /home, /boot etc.
I can only speak from ISO201109 point of view. There you could skip that step iirc.
Maybe looking at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ could help ...
munin

Re: Installing LMD from live pendrive to entire drive.

Post by munin »

Thanks for answer. I think I have found a solution that is better for a not too advanced Linux user like me. I have just installed Mint 13 Mate to entire disk, and it works just fine. It should be more stable than Mint Debian, and hopefully more stable than Ubuntu 12.04, that I have used for a while. :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”