Cinnamon Extras PPA (discontinued)

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bimsebasse

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated May 30)

Post by bimsebasse »

Added the All-in-One-Places applet on request: cinnamon-applet-allinoneplaces

And my new theme "Odin": cinnamon-theme-odin
http://browse.deviantart.com/customizat ... /#/d51pwe8
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Cinnamon Extras PPA (updated May 3)

Post by Monsta »

bimsebasse wrote:I've made a Precise series and all updates from now on will be in that series
And here I sit with oneiric specified in my LMDE's apt sources and wonder why there are no updates... :)
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

Hey bimse, is the weather apple in your repo? Can't seem to find it. TY :)

Rehdon
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

No that one is unfortunately too complicated for me to turn into a PPA package, bit annoying I can't add the most popular applet. Mockturtl has added an install script though so it's very easy to install manually.
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

Thank you all the same, no big deal as you noted.

BTW I think that something that all applets lack is localization, I'm no developer but I'm under the impression that the developing model for applets and extensions doesn't make it easy to add other languages. Of course I could be wildly wrong ;)

Rehdon
Konstigt

Post by Konstigt »

I wrote this comment on the Ambiance theme on cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com:

bimsebasse, in Linux Mint 13, I have installed this theme. But, to make it look like regular Ubuntu theme I also have to change Window, Icon & GTK+ theme. I installed human-theme & humanity-icon-theme but for GTK+ theme, how do I do that? I now have a green look with Mint-X and that's not what I'm looking for.

So I don't have Ambiance as a selection for GTK+ theme. I don't recall having this problem in Linux Mint 12.

Would be thankful for any clarification on this :)
3fRI

Post by 3fRI »

bimsebasse wrote:Added the All-in-One-Places applet on request: cinnamon-applet-allinoneplaces

Thanks, Bimsebasse. I installed Odin and like how it looks on my desktop. :D
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Konstigt wrote:I wrote this comment on the Ambiance theme on cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com:

bimsebasse, in Linux Mint 13, I have installed this theme. But, to make it look like regular Ubuntu theme I also have to change Window, Icon & GTK+ theme. I installed human-theme & humanity-icon-theme but for GTK+ theme, how do I do that? I now have a green look with Mint-X and that's not what I'm looking for.

So I don't have Ambiance as a selection for GTK+ theme. I don't recall having this problem in Linux Mint 12.

Would be thankful for any clarification on this :)
Hi Konstigt, the Ambiance cinnamon theme doesn't come packaged with the Ambiance gtk theme, and in Mint you always have to install it. The package is called "light-themes" (Ambiance + Radiance) and is in the repos by default (I haven't tried in Mint 13 but at least you have always been able to install in Mint).

So find the package "light-themes" in Software Manager and install it, or:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install light-themes
sjmcc

Post by sjmcc »

I instaled your Odin theme and quite like it. Noticed though that when I autohide the top panel that it doesn't actually hide all the way(using top panel version). Is this because of a larger size? Would be nice if cinnamon would take this into account for the autohide if that is the case.
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

sjmcc wrote:I instaled your Odin theme and quite like it. Noticed though that when I autohide the top panel that it doesn't actually hide all the way(using top panel version). Is this because of a larger size? Would be nice if cinnamon would take this into account for the autohide if that is the case.
Well spotted - I will submit this as a bug to the cinnamon github page. It looks like panel autohide only hides 25px worth of panel regardless of how tall the panel is and so 7px stick out in Odin which has a 32px panel. If it bugs you too much you can change panel height in the cinnamon.css file to 25px instead of 32px for now until the bug gets ironed out.

Github bug: https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/712
sjmcc

Post by sjmcc »

Thaks bimsebasse, I will look at changing it.
SallyK
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SallyK »

bimsebasse wrote:Added the All-in-One-Places applet on request: cinnamon-applet-allinoneplaces

Thank you very much, now I have my new Maya Cinnamon desktop just the way I want it (at least until I find a new, must-have applet :wink: ).

Odin looks pretty good as well, though I'm not sure whether it'll replace Loki as my favourite theme. :-)
Konstigt

Post by Konstigt »

bimsebasse wrote:Hi Konstigt, the Ambiance cinnamon theme doesn't come packaged with the Ambiance gtk theme, and in Mint you always have to install it. The package is called "light-themes" (Ambiance + Radiance) and is in the repos by default (I haven't tried in Mint 13 but at least you have always been able to install in Mint).

Yes, of course! I installed Human but now when you say it I recall that it was light-themes I had installed.

Maybe the Ambiance cinnamon-themes should have a dependency on light-themes.

Now all I need is a login & lock-screen that matches this because the default looks like cr*p if you ask me :)

Thanks!
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

Konstigt wrote:
bimsebasse wrote:Hi Konstigt, the Ambiance cinnamon theme doesn't come packaged with the Ambiance gtk theme, and in Mint you always have to install it. The package is called "light-themes" (Ambiance + Radiance) and is in the repos by default (I haven't tried in Mint 13 but at least you have always been able to install in Mint).

Yes, of course! I installed Human but now when you say it I recall that it was light-themes I had installed.

Maybe the Ambiance cinnamon-themes should have a dependency on light-themes.

Now all I need is a login & lock-screen that matches this because the default looks like cr*p if you ask me :)

Thanks!
If you want to install LightDM, which is default in Ubuntu, look here (you have to install the unity greeter to install it like it is in Ubuntu): http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 16&start=0
Brahim Salem

Post by Brahim Salem »

Great job! but one thing needs 2 be done: a netspeed applet that can monitor 3g mobile broadband connections!!!
Oyabunbaba

Post by Oyabunbaba »

Odin with this transparent 32 px panel ROCKS!
I use top one without hiding and just work great, Now whenever i change wallpaper panel change color too so i would say this panel is all in one :)
My default and only one probably forever (^ - ^)
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

Is the Odin theme for Linux Mint 13 only? Not there in the repo on my LM 12 install.

Rehdon
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Hi Rehdon, just copied it to oneiric series on launchpad so it should be available for Mint 12 soon.
Rehdon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rehdon »

Thanks a lot bimse :) I did a new install and I'm slowly moving from LM 12 to LM 13.

Rehdon
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

Updated all packages and added a new applet (click package names for details):
cinnamon-applet-cpufreq

And three new themes:
cinnamon-theme-nocturnal

cinnamon-theme-google+

cinnamon-theme-zukitwo

Return to “Cinnamon”