Gparted Not Wanting to Work Correctly...Maybe Video

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captain_juno

Gparted Not Wanting to Work Correctly...Maybe Video

Post by captain_juno »

I had a similar problem with installing LinuxMint; it would only work in safe graphics mode. And, I think I need to do something like that with Gparted. I've used a couple different boot options and they all do the same: I go through a couple menus about language and keyboard and do all US and then it gets to a screen where I can tell there are large letters (probably not supposed to be) but there are a lot of colored boxes and it does not look right. I've seen other people say something about "VESA" but I don't know what or where that is.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Gparted Not Wanting to Work Correctly...Maybe Video

Post by Fred »

captain_juno,

Greetings,

How is everything going for you? I have a suggestion for you. Go to the Puppy Linux community web site and download "Puppy 3.01 shard iso" and burn it to cd. It is only about 155 MB. Burn it slow and check the md5 sum.

Put it in you cd drive and boot it. It is a live cd of a small linux distro. You can run Gparted from that. Just right click on the screen and select it from the menu. There is a utility on the desktop, I forget what it's called, that you can mount and unmount partitions with. You must have all the partitions unmounted before you can do any partitioning. Puppy comes in quite handy for doing maintenance and repair tasks as well as it is a pretty neat little program.

Enjoy,

Fred
Fred

Re: Gparted Not Wanting to Work Correctly...Maybe Video

Post by Fred »

Here is the url for Puppy shard 3.01 iso 155MB

http://tmxxine.com/Wikka/wikka.php?wakk ... xxineShard

Fred

Return to “Software & Applications”