facebook, youtube.. showing only plain html text.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Azgot

facebook, youtube.. showing only plain html text.

Post by Azgot »

Hello,
Im using Mint 13. Today some of the webpages stopped working properly and started to look really weird.
I dont know how to describe it best so here is an example of what does the login screen of my facebook look like:

and after I log in it gets no better..
This super theme also appeared on youtube and some other pages
On facebook most of the links doesn't event work. Youtube seems to search for videos when I type something in the search bar but it's not able to play them (only shows a black rectangle and nothing's happening).

I'm using the Chrome browser but it's the same on Firefox too.

Before this problem occurred I don't remember doing anything special. Just browsing the web. I wasn't installing any update or package or anything. Until then everything was working great. It's been a while since I started using Mint and have never had this problem before.

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: facebook, youtube.. showing only plain html text.

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

If you're on Firefox, rename the hidden .mozilla folder in your home folder to .mozillaold and restart Firefox. Check if it fixed the problem.
(By the way, to show hidden files, press Ctrl+H in your file manager).
Azgot

Post by Azgot »

Thanks but it didn't help.
When I try to log in on my other computer (Win7) everything works fine.
I'm have this problem on both Chrome and Firefox.
nanowire

Post by nanowire »

It looks like you somehow disabled the page styles (No Style option) from what I can tell.

In Firefox, click "View", then click "Page Style", then choose "Basic Page Style".

Return to “Sound”