Social Media Button

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
steveking

Social Media Button

Post by steveking »

Just a thought but in the Linux world there are a hell of alot of bloggers. Would it be possible to add a Linux Mint socail button on your site alongside your twitter/facebook etc?

Also ontop of that make a members profile viewable and postable? So you can follow/see what your favourite blogger has been up to inside the Linux community?

I know that I would click on the "Linux Mint" social button if I found the blogger to be interesting/helpful. It gives the reader a portal into more distro specific forum posts instead of reading through tons of different distros trying to find the one more relevant to you.

Any thoughts on this?
I appologise if this has been done/mentioned already I'm new to this forum and indeed Linux Mint. (migrated from ubuntu as they're heading down a part I dont agree with)
steveking

Re: Social Media Button

Post by steveking »

Ok so I have managed to do it :)

Check out how it works at my site:

https://www.steveblog.co.uk/

It was quite easy to do, I'm on a wordpress site so its all easy tbh. just add the social media widget and create custom widget. First you have to have the chosen picture on your site though.

Anybody else fancy doing this post screen shots of yours and maybe we can work on making it a more regular thing?
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Your suggestion would be better posted at http://community.linuxmint.com/
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
steveking

Post by steveking »

ah ok mate many thanks.

stay minty
Seth86

Post by Seth86 »

I think it's possible. Nowadays anything is possible right?
dangleemarcar

Post by dangleemarcar »

I think it's possible. Nowadays anything is possible right?
I agree. Anything is possible nowadays. :)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”