[SOLVED] TL-WN321G...wireless disconnects every so often

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
venom104

[SOLVED] TL-WN321G...wireless disconnects every so often

Post by venom104 »

Okay here is the thing. I went from installing ubuntu 10.04 LTS, to debian stable, to LMDE on my computer. Every edition worked fine except for LMDE's wireless problems.

I am using a TL-WN321G wireless adapter...

This is my wireless driver

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 148f:2573 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2501/RT2573 Wireless Adapter
Now when I first installed LMDE everything was fine, then slowly I started to have wireless problems. First, every 5 boots or so, my device will NOT see my network's ESSID on the network list, I have to manually connect to it (ESSID is on; I've checked). Then recently my wireless connection just cuts off after a while or so...

Here is the /var/log/messages output...

http://pastebin.com/F4Yrvcj0

Please note I had to unplug my device and reconnect it for it to get me back online.

I don't believe the problem is with the wireless driver; I'm pretty sure ubuntu and debian both use the same one, and I had no problems with the connection there.

I've also noticed that when I unplug and and replug my wireless adapter in, it is VERY hot.

Is my wireless adapter dying?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
venom104

Re: TL-WN321G...wireless disconnects every so often, bad wif

Post by venom104 »

I think I figured out the problem. Using deductive reasoning, gave my brother my wireless adapter and switched out with his. He is running windows 7, and I downloaded the driver on his computer and installed it for him.

He was experiencing a high amount of disconnects on his network; this was isolated to the computer, nothing else in the house on the network was having a problem.

So it seems that the problem is that my wireless device just went bad. As I stated before, it gets terribly hot, so I'm guessing some integrated circuit probably blew out, and as a result, the thing overheats and loses the network connection.

I am not having a problem with his device.

Return to “LMDE Archive”