Question about the user "Level" ...

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HiTechRedneck82

Question about the user "Level" ...

Post by HiTechRedneck82 »

What is this "Level" that shows under the persons Avatar on the forums representing? Is it just how active they are on the forums?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BrianD

Re: Question about the user "Level" ...

Post by BrianD »

it's a meaningless graphic that roughly indicates how many posts you've made to a forum.

there are no prizes awarded or sudden inspirations dispensed when one passes from one arbitrary "level" to the next.
HiTechRedneck82

Post by HiTechRedneck82 »

Yeah that's what I figured. Just curious.

On the Fedora Forums that I used to be on, you could actually earn badges and such for answering questions. Pretty meaningless, but for some reason I still got a little satisfaction from it...LOL
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

BrianD wrote:it's a meaningless graphic that roughly indicates how many posts you've made to a forum.

there are no prizes awarded or sudden inspirations dispensed when one passes from one arbitrary "level" to the next.
Wait. What? There are no prizes? :(
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

It is just a general, rough, indicator of activity on the forums. And like zerozero shares, reaching level 2 makes the forums easier to work with if you are more active :wink: List of how many post to achieve for each level is here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 97#p506317. I will not be levelling up in a long time :lol:
sunewbie

Post by sunewbie »

I asked same question here ... and got answer :)

EDIT:

sorry Vincent, I skipped your reply.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”