Preseed in Mint 13 not working

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vikingtowel

Preseed in Mint 13 not working

Post by vikingtowel »

Hi everyone,

I have been able to use preseed to install LM 12 without a problem, but it no longer works in LM 13 MATE or Cinnamon editions on 64 bit. It works without a problem on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit so something has changed between Ubuntu and Mint.

I typically use a line in syslinux.cfg that read like this...

Code: Select all

append initrd=/ubninit file=/cdrom/preseed/mint_extrabits.seed boot=casper automatic-ubiquity noprompt quiet splash --
and Mint would install with all my preferred stuff as laid out in the mint_extrabits.seed file. But now when I boot up from the USB stick (created with Unetbootin) to do the install ubiquity doesn't start at all. It behaves as if I hadn't customised anything at all.

Anyone with some help would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vikingtowel

Re: Preseed in Mint 13 not working

Post by vikingtowel »

I managed to figure out what the problem was.

MDM does not work with preseeding. I had to install LightDM on my installation ISO and now preseeding works without a problem. I believe this could be considered a bug in MDM.

Cheers,
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

We're using "only-ubiquity" in our OEM ISOs, not "automatic-ubiquity".
tylerecouture

Post by tylerecouture »

I'm having the same problem, also reported here: viewtopic.php?t=169454

If I run "sudo ubiquity --automatic" from the 17.3 Cinnamon Live CD, the automatic installation starts and recognizes my seed file.

If I add "automatic-ubiquity" as a boot parameter, it will start up the installation, but doesn't get passed the Welcome/language selection screen.

Return to “Installation & Boot”