(Solved) USB Zoom 3095 Fax/Modem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jpreville

(Solved) USB Zoom 3095 Fax/Modem

Post by jpreville »

Hi Everyone,

I am running the lastest x86 version of Linux Mint 13 Maya. I am Trying to get a USB Zoom 3095 Fax/Modem Working. I have tried the debian file from here http://www.linuxant.com/drivers/dgc/downloads.php and also tried to compile it. I've loaded Buildessentials and headers for my kernel version (3.2.0-23-generic).

But keep getting the below error. SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED???

(cd /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic/build && make "CNXT_KERNELSRC=/lib/modules/3.$
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic'
rm -rf *.o GPL/*.o *.ko GPL/*.ko *.mod.c GPL/*.mod.c .*.cmd GPL/.*.cmd .tmp_ver$
(cd /lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic/build && make "CNXT_KERNELSRC=/lib/modules/3.$
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic'
CC [M] /usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/mod_dgcusbdcp.o
/usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/mod_dgcusbdcp.c:263:36: error: 'SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED' u$
make[2]: *** [/usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules/mod_dgcusbdcp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/lib/dgcmodem/modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic'
make: *** [all] Error 2

am i missing a dependency?? or does the src file have to be changed?

I've seens threads else where with solved.. But the person didn't leave the solution to help others...

Any help or being pointed in the right direction would be appreciated!

John

had to modify untared source files..... and modify a line. on 2 files.

mod_dgcusbdcp.c

Code: Select all

/* static spinlock_t dgcusbdcp_lock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED; */
static DEFINE_SPINLOCK(dgcusbdcp_lock);
just comment out line like above and add line below.

osdcp.c

Code: Select all

/* static spinlock_t dcp_lock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED;*/
static DEFINE_SPINLOCK(dcp_lock);
then do a

sudo make uninstall
sudo make clean

then go through the normal process......

once your done you shout see a /dev/modem and /dev/ttyACM0

Then you can test it with mincom or whatever.

Hope This helps someone....

John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rjb

Re: (Solved) USB Zoom 3095 Fax/Modem

Post by rjb »

I'm a linux newbie who doesn't know how to modify the recommended files (where to place the additions - beginning, middle, end) prior to "making". Could you please post a copy of the modified files? I believe this my solution to get my usb modem working with Maya.

TIA, RJB
jpreville

Post by jpreville »

Hey

Unzip this attachment into your modules folder under dgcmodem folder. forum doesn't allow .c files.

hope it works for yea..

John
rjb

Post by rjb »

Thanks, your zip worked. Then I attempted to get efax to work and finally did after changing a few permissions. Too bad efax is so limited re: only pdf or postscript files. Installed a pdf printer, but just adds another step. Not that I fax that often. Then tried to get gfax working, thinking it might be better, but it appears to be poorly supported today, and it appears to fail to work past a certain kernel?

So once again thanks, I finally did get my $12 usb Dell rd02-d400 with a Conexant chip working following your directions. I tested by successfully sending a fax. I have yet to receive a fax, but I'm fairly certain that should work normally under efax. I assuming it's a winmodem, as it is immediately available in XP and Win 7, Linux was a challenge, but your recommendations worked and were relatively simple to implement.

rjb
tronayne

Post by tronayne »

May I add my thanks -- I've installed Slackware 14.0 (up from, oh, four years ago 13.0) for a friend who does not have any Internet connection except dial-up and I had exactly the problems described by the OP. Downloaded the ZIP file into the modules directory, made and installed, working like a charm (well, a really, really sloooowwww charm anyway).

Oh, yeah, Slackware may not exactly be Mint, but it really is all for one and one for all, methinks.

Thanks again.

Return to “Hardware Support”