Firefox 13 Default Start Page

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox 13 Default Start Page

Post by bkovacs »

When I set my start page to use Firefox's new start page, search window does not work when search button is pushed. Will this be fixed??. Others here have had the same problem, with no fix.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox 13 Default Start Page

Post by bkovacs »

Firefox upgraded to version 13.0.1. Problem still remains. Any ideas!. Clem why is this not working?.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
bkovacs
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bkovacs »

Well does anyone have a solution!. Clem did you read this post?. Need support.
maxmm5

Post by maxmm5 »

Hi bkovacs,
I guest the Mint Dev are too excited for the due date so they missed this one, but there is a work around: on the search engine click the down arrow and select the duckduckgo and hit the magnifying glass, wait until it load then select back the yahoo and hit the magnifying glass again, this time you will get yahoo search engine with LinuxMint integrated, then go to Preferences and hit the button "Use Current Page" and thats it. Enjoy.
maxmm5
bwsmith25

Post by bwsmith25 »

maxmm5 wrote:Hi bkovacs,
I guest the Mint Dev are too excited for the due date so they missed this one, but there is a work around: on the search engine click the down arrow and select the duckduckgo and hit the magnifying glass, wait until it load then select back the yahoo and hit the magnifying glass again, this time you will get yahoo search engine with LinuxMint integrated, then go to Preferences and hit the button "Use Current Page" and thats it. Enjoy.
maxmm5
This doesn't make the Firefox Start Page work. This makes Yahoo! Search the home page. I want to know how to make the Firefox Start Page search bar work.
nextdistroplease

Post by nextdistroplease »

Hello.

I'm sorry that your question is difficult to answer.

But with all the excitement over Firefox 14 being released in two weeks, and Firefox 50 by Christmas, Firefox 13 appears to be just another moot release among a profusely bleeding stream of moot releases.

It's hard for me to take Firefox releases seriously anymore.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

nextdistroplease wrote:...and Firefox 50 by Christmas...
I love a funny smart-aleck :lol:
nextdistroplease

Habitual wrote:
nextdistroplease wrote:...and Firefox 50 by Christmas...
I love a funny smart-aleck :lol:
Thank you.

My years have made me cynical, but I like to keep people laughing if I can.

What Firefox is doing may not seem good, but it is mathematically predictable:

The amount of bloat, memory consumption, and "breakages" within any application is directly proportional to its popularity.

From this website, let's pretend that the blue bar represents the increase in Firefox's popularity, while the green bar represents its increase in bloat, memory consumption, and "breakages".

It is also called "The Law of Unsustainable Attractgiveness", which simply states that it is pointless to keep something likeable if more people are going to like it,

Eventually, the popularity reaches a threshold within which the users will migrate to an alternative, which is what drove many to Firefox to begin with.

And the process starts over.

Will Midori be the next hero?

Who will replace Midori when it becomes "Firefoxed"?
nextdistroplease

"This is Balok, Commander of the flagship Fesarius of the First Federation.

Do not be deceived by the size of this insignificant package. Any move to uninstall this package will result in the instant destruction of your Desktop Environment, and everyone aboard."

SULU: We're being towed, sir.
Evil-K

Post by Evil-K »

bkovacs wrote:When I set my start page to use Firefox's new start page, search window does not work when search button is pushed. Will this be fixed??. Others here have had the same problem, with no fix.
I just changed the home page to Google.com. I've been having the same problem, myself.

Return to “Software & Applications”