[SOLVED] LMDE-64bit Backup Image question

Post by mack_mcash »

Hey, all.

I have just installed LMDE-64bit, with the partition map as follows:

sda6 /boot ext2
sda7 /swap
sda8 / ext4
sda9 /home ext4

I want to make an image of this setup using, Clonezilla-64bit live disk.

When I do make the backup, will I need to make a separate image for each partition, except for the swap file? I was thinking that I'd only need to image the "/" partition only, but not sure.

This seems like a 'dumb' question to me, but alas, I just don't know the answer to this query.

Thank you for your time,
mack :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
glenn4uk

Re: LMDE-64bit Backup Image question

Post by glenn4uk »

Mack,

With clonezilla you can choose to image either an entire disk or individual partitions that you select.
mack_mcash

Post by mack_mcash »

glenn4uk wrote:Mack,

With clonezilla you can choose to image either an entire disk or individual partitions that you select.
Thanks for the reply, glenn4uk :) I appreciate your answer.

I realize that with clonezilla, I do have the option of either imaging the entire disk or individual partitions, but do I need to make an image of the /boot and /home partitions in addition to the / partition?
I think that I would need to image all three partitions, "/" /boot and /home, in order to have the complete system intact, in case I would need to restore.

Thanks, again, mack :wink:
mack_mcash

Post by mack_mcash »

Code: Select all

I think that I would need to image all three partitions, "/" /boot and /home, in order to have the complete system intact, in case I would need to restore.
After all is installed and configured, make an image with "clonezilla", and select all three, or more partitions, in the image file. (select multiple partitions by using the space-bar to select)

All is good...

mack

Return to “LMDE Archive”