Choppy video playback over network

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
johanPO

Choppy video playback over network

Post by johanPO »

Hi

I am using LMDE on a Lenovo laptop. I have some issues with playing back mp4,mov, mkv and avi wheras wmv files work without problems over the network. The playback is choppy. I get one screen update per second roughly.

I know that this is not an issue with the network or the NAS, as I can play the movies using Windows 7 without problems. I know that it is not a problem of the computer lacking horse power as I can download the movies to my hard drive and then play them with out problem (I must say that it seems like LMDE needs significantly more CPU power then Windows though). So it must be something in the buffering, or setup of the player.

I am using Totem 3.0.1 and gstreamer 0.10.36
I have tried all settings in Totem for the network speed. That does not do anything for me

Greatful for any hints
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
johanPO

Re: Choppy video playback over network

Post by johanPO »

So one more piece of information. In my NAS (synology 211) I discovered that I have the option of playing files in a browser, and that also works fine. So now I know that it must be something in the configuration. Question is only what...
Zin

Post by Zin »

I am having the same problem with LMDE. It does not happen with the Ubuntu based version.
Zin

Post by Zin »

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks.

Return to “LMDE Archive”