Impossible to change date/time out of the box? [Live]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
raz

Impossible to change date/time out of the box? [Live]

Post by raz »

Using Mint 13 XFCE, Live.

I see no way of changing the date/time/timezone -- am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tobie.de.beer

Re: Impossible to change date/time out of the box? [Live]

Post by tobie.de.beer »

Had the same issue today and used the commandline date function.
eg: sudo date -s 14:07
to set the time to 14:07

T

Note sorry needed -s - see man page
jjaythomas

Post by jjaythomas »

Probally above CLI command easier
But
You can install the "mate-system-tools' or gnome-system-tools' package (if enough RAM :) )

Won't show in menu (needs Reboot I think :?: )

The script thou runs from usr/share/aplications script called 'time' I believe.

J.Jay
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It won't show after a reboot either. I fixed it upstream: https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-sy ... 50dbfa63d2

We'll hack the fix in Mint 14 Xfce stable until that gets in mate-system-tools :)
aac74

Post by aac74 »

In 14 RC . If you install gnome-system-tools and gnome-control-center packages via synaptic :

can't you access the gnome 'time applet' via the gnome volume control in the indicator applet on the panel ?

click volume control in the panel > sound settings > all settings > date and time

turn off network time and set the time/date/timezone you want then turn network time back on - and maybe reboot ?
aryesk

Post by aryesk »

In 14 RC . If you install gnome-system-tools and gnome-control-center packages via synaptic :

can't you access the gnome 'time applet' via the gnome volume control in the indicator applet on the panel ?

click volume control in the panel > sound settings > all settings > date and time

turn off network time and set the time/date/timezone you want then turn network time back on - and maybe reboot ?

ok i am using xfce 13 mint , this worked for me ))
but got error saving gnome session , so i changed to xfce session and saved it as default
this solved the time and zone setting issue
thank you

Return to “Xfce”