Startup errors

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dijsil

Startup errors

Post by dijsil »

Hello, i m new to linux and I have a debian 6 and I had a problem with the time not showing as local.

been on the internet and tried several commands and now maanged to edit the utc in /etc/default/rcS file and it is showing the local time

the problem now is that on boot it is showing some errors. (failed in red)

most of them i cannot read them since the pc boots to fast.... is it saved in a log?

one of the errors is:

startpar: service(S) returned failure: hwclockfirst.sh hwclock.sh mountall-bootclean.sh ... failed!

anyone knows how to fix the errors?

thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Startup errors

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Debian 6 is Squeeze...Mint doesn't have a distro based on squeeze. If you want Debian help, go to Debian's forums.
This forum is for Linux Mint OSes ONLY.

No one is going to help you here. Good day.
Sonsum

Post by Sonsum »

While there is a thread tracking the problems maintaining an LMDE based on Squeeze, this forum will not be the best place to ask questions regarding it. The official Debian forums would be a better place.

Do the errors prevent your Debian usage at all? They may not be worth worrying about.

And finally, Debian can be a tricky beast to work with. If you want a Linux operating system that is much easier to use, I would recommend Linux Mint 13 or straight Ubuntu. They will be much easier to understand for a novice.
dijsil

Post by dijsil »

ok sorry.

Return to “LMDE Archive”