Fast Playing Youtube Videos.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sophaya

Fast Playing Youtube Videos.

Post by Sophaya »

I've just installed Mint 13, and everything seems to be up and running, however youtube videos will frequently start and play through at a very fast rate. Unlike the other threads, I do get sound, I've looked at my settings and I'm using the analogue stereo output, the HDMI output doesn't work and I've disabled it, no change.

I'm using Chrome browser, and the built in flash player. Is there any information I can supply to help analyse the problem? So far I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on Firefox.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lone Fox

Re: Fast Playing Youtube Videos.

Post by Lone Fox »

I'm getting the same issue, except no sound (for youtube videos).

I tried removing flash in Software Manager, and re-installing but that didn't work
I tried removing flash and then re-installing firefox, then instal flash
I went to my mozilla /profile folder and deleted everything, re-installed flash, but still no luck

I'm new to Linux so I'm not sure if that was a good way to go about this issue.

I realize this thread is 2 days old without a reply, so I assume I'm lost for this cause. Tried Ubuntu for a week before switching over to Mint (MATE).. grrr, I'll proabably be heading back to Windows :(
vitorcoxta

Post by vitorcoxta »

I'm having this problem too... Any solution?
dagon
Level 7
Level 7

Post by dagon »

Hi!

Check that:
Menu > Control Centre > Hardware > Sound > Output
is set to "Internal Audio Analog Stereo" and not HDMI
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... be#p610369
stevegs05

Post by stevegs05 »

i managed to fix that sync (audio and video fast replay) problem on CONTROL CENTER/ ADDITIONAL DRIVERS you guys have to activate your GPU cards in order to use it properly, and get your GPU drivers updated. then you have to re-start and done. it get fixed.
im new on linux mint 13 (maya) but i found that is really great system and if you really want to fix any problem you got to read a lot and try different way to get the job done.
i hope this advice help any other users like me. greetings
DevonPiper

Post by DevonPiper »

Hi,
I have to use the fast youtube video's....
It's very easy to use...
I like it very much...

Return to “Sound”