2012's Best Linux desktop: Linux Mint 13

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/2 ... t-13/11110
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
munin

Re: 2012's Best Linux desktop: Linux Mint 13

Post by munin »

Nice blog. But there is one piece of info that is not correct. Ubuntu 10.04 is not more easy to use than 13 Mate. Mate is probably the easiest Linux to use, and one of the best. So I cannot see any reason to use Ubuntu. :wink:
Rudemeister

Post by Rudemeister »

munin wrote:Nice blog. But there is one piece of info that is not correct. Ubuntu 10.04 is not more easy to use than 13 Mate. Mate is probably the easiest Linux to use, and one of the best. So I cannot see any reason to use Ubuntu. :wink:
I agree with you on that point completely. Ubuntu is not that easy to use at all. I think Cinnamon is the easiest to use. But I prefer KDE.
w2ibc

Post by w2ibc »

not knocking mate or cinnamon but I have grown to love xfce
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

w2ibc,

I agree. I like xfce too. It works and does everything I need it too.

My thing is that the desktop is really only good for fast file navigation. Anthing beyond that creates unnecessary bloat and it opens the door for unwanted bugs.
nomko

Post by nomko »

munin wrote:Nice blog. But there is one piece of info that is not correct. Ubuntu 10.04 is not more easy to use than 13 Mate. Mate is probably the easiest Linux to use, and one of the best. So I cannot see any reason to use Ubuntu. :wink:
Don't you mean 12.04? There's no mentioning of 10.04 in that blog and 10.04 looks rather outdated compared to 12.04 although the Gnome2 desktop environment and the easy way of chaninging everything is much better under 10.04 than under 12.04 with it's Gnome3/Unity desktop.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”