Copying Music Cd's to Usb Stick

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EdWh

Copying Music Cd's to Usb Stick

Post by EdWh »

From - EdWh

In win7 I use Realistic software to copy purchased cd's and load to a Usb stick to play on player I have. The software will convert files to Mp3.

Can anyone advise if there is a player/copyier in Linux Mint 1l, it should be capable to format a stick and set it up for music albums. I have googled this all over the Internet with no results.

Thanks. EdWh
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sagirfahmid3

Re: Copying Music Cd's to Usb Stick

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Apparently, you cannot research hard enough...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ubu ... 856-8.html
EdWh

Post by EdWh »

Hi Sagirlfahmid3.

Thanks for info checked out link most appear to be rippers and players no options to export or copy of usb stick. Did no really expect sarcasm or maybe I took it wrong. Thanks again. EdWh
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Copying a whole CD ISO image to a USB to play music is VERY VERY inefficient and wasteful. Rippers are what you need; they can convert the music to mp3, then reburn it to another CD as a music CD image.
EdWh

Post by EdWh »

Hi Sagirlfahmid3.

Thanks again for info. It turns out the cd's are already Mp3. What I need is a Linux Real Player to copy tracks to play list and copy to Usb stick. I can get as many as 12 or more cd's worth of music on a Usb stick and do not have to keep changing disc's. Win7 real player works well for this and I already have the players. So to me this is not wastefiul and I also have purchased my cd's and it is just a convenience thing. Just trying to find a decent program in Linux to replace Win7. Thanks again. EdWh
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mik3e »

I'm a bit too simpleminded to understand the problem. I believe that I can mount a USB stick, open a window, mount the CD, open a window, and drag-and-drop from the CD to the USB. Where does that fail for you?
EdWh

Post by EdWh »

Thanks mik3c.

Will give it a try, would be nice if it were that simple.
Will let you know;

EdWh
EdWh

Post by EdWh »

Hi Mick3,

Yes this works BUT I have found that there are extra movie clip files embedded in the Audio tracks and after coping the stick will not play. Using Real Player in Win7 to rip and copy to Usb stick land change to Mp3 the stick will play. I like you am not versed enough to understand all this and I really do not want to. I just want copy the Audio and play without sweat. Not easy in Linux. Ed.
Seventh Reign

Post by Seventh Reign »

Install Sound-Juicer or RipperX or Asunder (or all 3 and choose the one you prefer)
Set your output from the above program to your USB Stick and hit Rip.

Done.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

There are a whole stack of music/media players available for Linux, audio or video or both..
http://lindesk.com/2008/03/top-10-linux-mp3-players/
--I usually use Songbird, for example..
  • Unfortunately like some(many) successful Linux or OSS projects, once good success arrives, they quite often abandon Linux for greener pastures ($cash, that is..)
    --and sometimes don't even consider being cross platform: perhaps that is a knock-on effect of their new market?, who knows for sure..
CD rippers simply provide methods of converting and ordering playlist or tracks in mp3 or other formats..
Linux often includes a place in your /home directory for video or audio files (music is the name in a Gnome and some other window managed desktops (the normal GUI interface..))
EdWh

Post by EdWh »

Hi Seventh Reign
Dr Hu. Thanks for all the help. Will try the rippers you suggested and see what happens.

Return to “Sound”