Panel bubble help text unreadable

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Panel bubble help text unreadable

Post by lotech »

The bubble help text on some apps like Pidgin and miniUpdate are light grey against white background make it extremely hard to read, this can't be fixed by changing theme.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only ;p
Husse

Re: Panel bubble help text unreadable

Post by Husse »

miniUpdate
mintUpdate?
I don't recall any text bubbles....
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lotech »

The keylock thingy......
foggytown
Level 3
Level 3

Post by foggytown »

Hi lotech,
Did you change your color scheme or desktop theme? I think these notification pop-ups are governed by the system color scheme. So you may have set it to one with less-than-perfect usability, if that is the case it is just a matter of selecting a better/different color scheme/theme in Appearance applet (located on the Mint Menu under Preferences).
If you didn't make changes there...I'm out of ideas. Post back and maybe someone else will have an idea.
--john
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
--Aldous Huxley
lotech
Level 2
Level 2

Post by lotech »

Ok I changed themes and finally found one that works, most of the dark colored one that I love fail to show the text clearly, I thought the theme is applied system wide so will take care of that, and Miniupdate is part of the default system not my own add-on, anyway, but Pidgin still not showing properly, seems no way to change that. I couldn't show you the screen the bubble text not captured.

Update : When first boot up and the 'keylock' is in locked state(system up to date), the text is unreadable, when I click on it to start update check(white block as background) the text is readable, Pidgin always unreadable in whatever state.

Return to “Software & Applications”