Prettiest Linux distro ever? And most polished?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hoppimike

Prettiest Linux distro ever? And most polished?

Post by hoppimike »

Well... is it? ^_^

I would vote yes! I think it's a dream of a distro... and I'm only on the lightweight XFCE version!

It's just SO polished! Consistent with so much artistic flair!

Pleasure to use :)

Keep it up dudes! ^_^

Hoppi
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Prettiest Linux distro ever? And most polished?

Post by tdockery97 »

It is, isn't it? :D
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
hoppimike

Post by hoppimike »

Just stuck Cinnamon on here too with the "mint-meta-cinnamon-dvd" package!

It actually runs on this ancient laptop hehe!

It's a tad slow, but as I still have the XFCE one on here I can chop and choose as I please, plus I'll be getting hold of a better machine soon :)

Cool stuff ^_^

EDIT -- I think the icons look a tad odd on Cinnamon (a bit oversized in appearance!) but other than that s'all good! I love the way all of the versions are nicely polished. I tried Xubuntu recently and it was so lacking in polish compared to Ubuntu and even more so compared to any version of Mint O.O

This is very awesome ^^
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

When it comes to good looks with Xfce, I think Linux Voyager is the one to beat. :D
hoppimike

Post by hoppimike »

Adelante wrote:When it comes to good looks with Xfce, I think Linux Voyager is the one to beat. :D
Voyager looks nice yeah :)

I'll bung it on a pendrive!

I dunno if I'd use it as my main system though o.O
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

I prefer LM 13 Xfce to Voyager Xfce and LM 13 Xfce is what I use. The main sticking point for me with Voyager was font rendering. Mint gets it right even in Xfce, which is often not the case with other distros. I spent two full days doing all the usual things, plus combing Google for other things to try and make it better. I managed maybe a 50% improvement, but not nearly good enough. I do love the Voyager desktop design though. Really handsome.

PS - Here is the review that made me check it out. I'm sorry now I didn't keep a screenshot of my desktop before wiping it. I still think about how pretty it was.
hoppimike

Post by hoppimike »

Adelante wrote:I prefer LM 13 Xfce to Voyager Xfce and LM 13 Xfce is what I use. The main sticking point for me with Voyager was font rendering. Mint gets it right even in Xfce, which is often not the case with other distros. I spent two full days doing all the usual things, plus combing Google for other things to try and make it better. I managed maybe a 50% improvement, but not nearly good enough. I do love the Voyager desktop design though. Really handsome.

PS - Here is the review that made me check it out. I'm sorry now I didn't keep a screenshot of my desktop before wiping it. I still think about how pretty it was.
Agreed. For me a polished, bug-free, consistent and usable desktop wins out almost every time! :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”