CANON MP150 hangs while printing after recent updates

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DumbCluck

CANON MP150 hangs while printing after recent updates

Post by DumbCluck »

Hi
My MP150 was working fine until I recently let Mint 13 mate 64 bit update. Now it starts to print
but only about 3 or 4 lines then it simply stops, no alarms bells or whistles. just stops, page half
fed into the printer.
I have to reboot to clear the printer of the unfinished page.
Any ideas how to get it working? Is there a good procedure to follow?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pxbacher

Re: CANON MP150 hangs while printing after recent updates

Post by pxbacher »

Not sure if it's the same thing, but I can print only one document (page?) on my HP Laserjet 5L. Subsequent docs just sit in the queue. I also have to reboot to get queued docs to print, and they print even before I login to Mint. Seems like there are definitely printing issues in Mint 13/Mate 64.

-Pete
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairybiker »

There are upstream issues with printing. Most of the bugs seem related to network printing but I am also having issues printing to my Canon ip4200 usb.
Yesterday I thought I had it cracked with the beta cups driver from a ppa, but today it wouldn't print again - just hung in queue.

I downloaded turboprint and it prints fine so hopefully they will fix it before the 30 day trial is up.
hcmonteiro

Post by hcmonteiro »

I've got exactly the same problem with Canon IP4700. :| going to download turboprint also and see if it works for me.
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by hairybiker »

The latest is that they seem to be sending a usb reset after the document and the canon printers don't like this, they have released a fix. So just a matter of them deploying it.
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

CUPS developer has posted a proposed fix on his PPA

Try this and see if it helps,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... comments/7
hcmonteiro

Post by hcmonteiro »

It works. Just tested for ip4700 and worked great. Thks ;)
starbreaker

Post by starbreaker »

I've got a Canon IP4500 and it takes forever to start printing, and if I have several jobs to print, it doesn't print any of them. I've been fiddling with it for an hour now, it only prints if I unplug/plug in the power cable and even then it prints only one page. When I open the printer dialog and press the stop button, nothing happens. I tried with the solution posted here (adding the PPA fix) and nothing has changed. My system is LM13 CInnamon.

I love Linux, but why does everything about it have to be uphill?
old beach dog

Post by old beach dog »

Just installed MInt 13. My Canon Pixma MP170 either did not print or printed a few lines only.

Tried "till-kamppeter/ppa" as suggested by Squeezy (7 Aug). Printer now appears to be working as it should.

Thanks.
super_virgin

It also works for PIXMA IP4200

Post by super_virgin »

I had CUPS installed, and since I installed LM my printer Canon PIXMA IP4200 didn't work, it was recognized, and installed correctly, but at the moment of sending any page to print, the printer was like "stucked" and it blinked until I had to disconnect it from the electricity.
Now, adding the PPA and the update&&upgrade it finally started printing again!
thanks a lot!
:)

CORRECTION: After printing a couple of test pages, it went back to having the same problem... it keeps hanging and blinking. All jobs that I send weight 0Kb.. it stays like loading the document. :(
turboscrew
Level 4
Level 4

Post by turboscrew »

hairybiker wrote:The latest is that they seem to be sending a usb reset after the document and the canon printers don't like this, they have released a fix. So just a matter of them deploying it.
Where did you see that?
Where can I find fixed drivers?

Oh, and which package in https://launchpad.net/~till-kamppeter/+archive/ppa
solved the problem?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”