I've resigned as a geek

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
Wolfen69
Level 1
Level 1

I've resigned as a geek

Post by Wolfen69 »

I know most of you don't care, but I was a 10,000 post person on ubuntu.com., and did bug reporting for years, tried to help, but I've found I no longer wanna be a geek and sell/fix/figure out problems. I still love linux, and I know it well and I'm going to use it for myself, but there's no more love affair. Real life got in the way. No disrespect to those that do linux for a living. I don't. My pc's will always use linux, but I'm done with the arguing, debating, bug reporting, mod abuse, etc..... I'm sure there are young people out there that will take over and be, what's the word? "Fulfilled"? To each their own. I'm sure there's spme bad @ss linux people coming up.

I just want to bow out. I've spent many years. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aes2011
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I've resigned as a geek

Post by aes2011 »

Wolfen69 wrote:I know most of you don't care, but I was a 10,000 post person on ubuntu.com., and did bug reporting for years, tried to help, but I've found I no longer wanna be a geek and sell/fix/figure out problems. I still love linux, and I know it well and I'm going to use it for myself, but there's no more love affair. Real life got in the way. No disrespect to those that do linux for a living. I don't. My pc's will always use linux, but I'm done with the arguing, debating, bug reporting, mod abuse, etc..... I'm sure there are young people out there that will take over and be, what's the word? "Fulfilled"? To each their own. I'm sure there's spme bad @ss linux people coming up.

I just want to bow out. I've spent many years. :)
Didn't you do so already a few months ago :confused:
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

Wolfen69 wrote:I know most of you don't care, but I was a 10,000 post person on ubuntu.com
Which made you quite the opposite of a geek; just sayin'.
Wolfen69 wrote:I'm done with the arguing, debating, bug reporting, mod abuse, etc..... I'm sure there are young people out there that will take over and be, what's the word? "Fulfilled"? To each their own. I'm sure there's spme bad @ss linux people coming up.
So true. Linux is not a rainbows religion. I wish all distributions had that as their slogan. It would make discussions way easier to handle...
BubbaBlues

Post by BubbaBlues »

Sorry dude, once a geek always a geek. You can can run but you can't hide. :D
physlord

Post by physlord »

So, posting your geek resignation makes you... A GEEK!. :D

Real life may absorb all of one's time, but there's a hidden unavoidable temptation to surrender and come back to this geeky corner of the internet once in a while.

I think there are geek genes or something.
w2ibc

Post by w2ibc »

give yourself to the geek side
Wolfen69
Level 1
Level 1

A little story

Post by Wolfen69 »

Becoming an Ex-Ubuntu Member (I don't mean forum member/actual Ubuntu Member/ 10,000 posts) was the best thing I ever did. After years of computer overload, my brain snapped. And to be honest, I really don't care for ANY tech sites any more. Hence, my exclusion from Ubu. I was one of the originals in 04, and stuck with it for as long as I could. Actually, as far as I know, I am the only person to go from banned, to Ubuntu Member, to banned again. Some people may think I screwed up. Meh. I'm pretty much done with this crap. Linux works well for me, and will always have a place in my heart. ( I have a tux tattoo) but the whole arguing thng made me not care. And ubu's forums left a lot to be desired.

I've been a member of countless other forums, but not had people argue as much. I'm sorry, I'm done. Too old for this crap.
Last edited by xenopeek on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Basically same topic, so merged ;-)

Return to “Open Chat”