Is Mint Menu Compatible with LM KDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robw

Is Mint Menu Compatible with LM KDE?

Post by robw »

Just trying the KDE version and liking it. The only bit I'm not keen on is the KDE Kickoff Application launcher which I find a bit clunky compared to, say, Cinnamon. Probably just a personal preference but can I use Mint Menu? If so, is it configurable to appear the same as the rest of the KDE desktop?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
J_C

Re: Is Mint Menu Compatible with LM KDE?

Post by J_C »

I’m sure I’ve seen this question before and I think the answer is no, though do wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along! :lol:

I agree the Kickoff menu leaves a little to be desired! You could try Takeoff launcher, it's rather nice (though Mint menu it aint!!);

http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/01/13/ho ... nt-12-kde/

I don’t tend to use any of them anyway! Just alt+F2 and use the search/run box. :P
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Post by midas »

Why not installing the Lancelot-menu? Open Synaptic and search for 'Lancelot' widget. After installation you can select the Lancelot-widget in the taskbar.
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

no, the mintmenu is not compatible with kde, the closest you can get (as midas said) is lancelot
claudecat

Post by claudecat »

I find the plain ol' kickoff menu quite usable once I have populated Favorites with all my commonly used apps. Recently Used also comes in handy. Personally, I find Lancelot too cluttered with few benefits over kickoff. Also, don't forget that you can use kmenuedit to edit the menu.
robw

Post by robw »

Thanks for the help with this guys - really appreciate it. I've tried both but neither seem to really 'do it for me'. For the moment I've decided that I'll stick with the original launcher, while utilising the Alt F thing which I hadn't known about before. Maybe its just a lack of familiarity on my part which I need to overcome with use. Thanks again folks!

Cheers, Rob

Return to “Software & Applications”