Rave Review for LM 13 Xfce

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Adelante

Rave Review for LM 13 Xfce

Post by Adelante »

In Tech News: XFCE Makes Mint Even Fresher

I believe the writer is mistaken that Xubuntu (and not Kubuntu) is being phased out by Canonical, but he can't say enough good about LM 13 Xfce. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dajare

Re: Rave Review for LM 13 Xfce

Post by dajare »

I must say, I have been pleasantly surprised by LM 13 Xfce. I was loathe to leave LXDE behind (I had been running LM 12 LXDE), but wanted to get in on an LTS release for my aging Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 (now over 6 years old). LM 13 Xfce was my obvious choice.

If anything, Xfce is running "lighter" and just as fast as LXDE was. On bootup, Conky reports 109Mb RAM used, and 1% CPU. That'll do me! With the Mint spit-and-polish, choice of apps, etc., I'm a happy camper.
jjaythomas

Re: Rave Review for LM 13 Xfce

Post by jjaythomas »

On bootup, Conky reports 109Mb RAM used, and 1% CPU.
Remember Memory in Xfce depends on whats available ( mine, having 8GBs uses 350-400mbs) :lol:
If anything, Xfce is running "lighter" and just as fast as LXDE was
I'll second that. (thou iI'm partiail to Xfce!) :wink:
I believe the writer is mistaken that Xubuntu (and not Kubuntu) is being phased out by Canonical,
Yea its Kubuntu but not being phased out, just will be comunity driven (with not as close ties to Canonical). Will still be official 'KDE flavor' of Ubuntu.

J.Jay
P.S. Did you see Debian is making 'Xfce' default of 'Wheezy' instead of 'Gnome' (because of size/bloat to fit CD1) but still good news for Xfce.

Return to “Xfce”