Picasa 3.8?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
BillyM

Picasa 3.8?

Post by BillyM »

I recently have tried making the switch to LMDE from Katya. I'm very inexperienced with Debian but love the idea of a rolling distribution. I am having a real tough time trying to get the updated Picasa 3.8 installed onto LMDE 201109. On Katya its fairly simple to extract the windows edition and copy over linux version since its a wine based program. On LMDE there's no stable wine on the initial repos and I'm very hesitant about adding new ones.

Has anyone sucessfully installed it ? And if you did could you help me out with a little instruction as to how you did. My kids love the facial recogntion

Thanks in Advance
Billy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CapitalG

Re: Picasa 3.8?

Post by CapitalG »

go to picasa site and download windows version. just open exe with wine? thats how i do it. ive never had a problem with adding any of the wine repos.
bayvista
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bayvista »

Yes, I have got Picasa 3.9 working with Wine BUT it won't sign into Google. Just a blank signin screen. Any ideas?
nomko

Post by nomko »

Google dropped Picassa a while ago. This migth be the reason why you can't log in:

http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p570768

Return to “LMDE Archive”