No Splash :( [SOLVED - sort of]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DaTorbiera

No Splash :( [SOLVED - sort of]

Post by DaTorbiera »

Hello all,

Just installed Mint on yet another computer on my quest to drive Windows out of my sphere of influence. Mint 12 LXDE this time, on a Inspiron 640 m.

This boots fairly quickly but still, I would like to have something to look at as the computer is doing whatever needs doing before you can actually insert your username. Unfortunately I can not get the nice splash logo to show. I have installed the start-up manager and have tried all available resolutions. This computer's display resolution is 1280x800.

Any suggestions please ?

Many thanks

Michael
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: No Splash :(

Post by xenopeek »

You didn't make clear whether you already followed the step detailed in the release notes for this: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_maya.php. See the section near the end titled "Black splash screen". Did you take that step?
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

Will that work with Mint 12?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Whoopsie... :oops: No it won't.
DaTorbiera

Post by DaTorbiera »

Never mind. My "customer" is happy with the new setup and the splash isn't missed.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it back in future releases though ! After all, it has always been something one could switch off using Startup manager, right ?

Cheers

Michael

Return to “Software & Applications”